So you have decided to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner but can’t choose which unit will suit you. If so, then this article can greatly help you. Dyson V7 Animal and V7 Motorhead are two of the best vacuum cleaners where you can choose from.
But if you can’t still decide which one is best for you, then you may want to read our Dyson V7 Animal vs V7 Motorhead comparison. Keep on reading to learn more about these vacuum cleaners. Read Here: Best Dyson Cordless Vacuums [Buyers’ Guide]
Dyson V7 Animal vs V7 Motorhead: What are the Differences and Similarities?
The Dyson V7 animal comes with more attachments compared to V7 Motorhead. The accessories included in V7 Animal are a docking station, motorhead, hygienic bin emptying, mini motorized tool, soft dusting brush, crevice tool, and combination tool.
For Dyson V7 Motorhead, some of the attachments that you can use include a docking station, crevice tool, a combination tool, and a motorhead.
This Dyson V7 Animal vs V7 Motorhead will not be completed without mentioning their prices.
If you are looking for the most affordable option you can go for Dyson V7 Motorhead. But if you can afford to pay a higher amount, then opt for Dyson V7 Animal.
In the actual fact, the price difference between these vacuum cleaners is not that much. To get an idea of how much do these products cost you can visit Amazon for the exact amount.
Not all Dyson vacuum cleaners that belong to the V7 series use HEPA filters. For the case of V7 Animal and V7 Motorhead, only the Animal version comes with this kind filter.
A HEPA filtration system, on the other hand, needs to be cleaned one or two times a month using cold water. What’s more, you need to try it completely before you return the filter. Another good thing about this filter is that it traps 99.97 percent of particles efficiently.
The Dyson V7 Motorhead, however, still comes with a filtration that is also effective in trapping particles and other allergens.
Weight and Size
There is also a difference in terms of weight and size. The Dyson V7 Animal weighs 5.28 pounds and has a total dimension of 8.2-inch by 9.8-inch by 49-inch. The Dyson V7 Motorhead, on the other hand, has a total dimension of 8.2-inch by 9.8-inch by 49-inch and weighs 5.3 pounds.
As you can see the difference is not a major concern. Because these two vacuums are light in weight allowing you to move around and even lift the unit converted to a handheld with ease.
When it comes to the running time, you can use both the Dyson V7 Motorhead and V7 Animal for half an hour. However, you can only achieve this maximum runtime if you are using only non-motorized tools.
But if you are using the direct-drive cleaner head, a tool that is perfect for cleaning stubborn stains, usually you will only have a runtime of six minutes. This works on both V7 Motorhead and Animal.
Since these two vacuum cleaners belong to the Dyson V7 series, Animal and Motorhead come equipped with digital motor V7 from Dyson. In addition to that, they are engineered in order to pick up fine dust and dirt on carpets, hard floors, and other types of flooring.
Dust bin capacity
Another similarity of Dyson V7 Motorhead and V7 Animal is that they come with a large dust bin. As a matter of fact, the bin can hold up to 0.14-gallon. In fact, you don’t need to empty it as often as possible.
There is also an indicator that will inform you that the dust bin needs to be emptied. When it comes to emptying the dust bins it is very hygienic since you don’t need to touch the dirt.
With a noise level of 65 decibels, Dyson V7 Animal and V7 Motorhead are two of the quietest vacuum cleaners available on the market.
That being said, if you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that works quietly then you can never go wrong with these two products.
One of the most important factors that you need to consider when buying any product is the warranty. So look for one that comes with a bit long warranty as this will save you from a lot of headaches in the forthcoming most especially your unit or its parts need to be changed or fixed. Fortunately, V7 Motorhead and Animal vacuum cleaners are backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Pros and Cons of Dyson V7 Animal
- Cord free, hassle free, powerful suction for versatile cleaning
- The V7 Animalpro+ includes dollar 60 worth of extra tools for whole home cleaning. Includes flexi crevice tool, mini motorized tool, stubborn dirt brush, combination tool, crevice tool, direct drive cleaner head, and docking station
- Up to 30 minutes fade free power; Actual runtime will vary based on power mode and/or attachments used
- Quickly converts to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places; Balanced for cleaning up top, down below and in between
- The direct drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove ground in dirt; It has 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord free vacuum
- Mini motorized tool tackles hair and ground in dirt on upholstery and in tight spaces
- Hygienic dirt ejector empties dust from the bin in a single action; Length: 1243 millimeter
- Convenient docking station stores and charges the machine, and holds additional attachments; So it's always ready to go
- Max power mode provides 6 minutes of higher suction for more difficult tasks
Pros and Cons of Dyson V7 Motorhead
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum
- Hygienic bin emptying: No need to touch the dirt. Bin volume 0.14 gallons
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
Dyson V7 Animal vs V7 Motorhead: Final Say
Since these two vacuum cleaners belong to the famous V7 series of Dyson, there is only a few difference. With that in mind, V7 Animal and V7 Motorhead can be a great option.
These products are extremely convenient. Both have quality construction, powerful suction, several cleaning accessories or tools, and long runtime. In fact, if you have kids and pets at home, these vacuums can help you in cleaning the messes they made.
However, if you are looking for the most affordable unit, then opt for Dyson V7 Motorhead, but keep in mind that it doesn’t feature a HEPA filter that is quite risky if you have asthma or allergy. But if you don’t mind the cost, it is best that you should go for Dyson V7 Animal.