Shark vs Dyson Vacuum Comparison
When it comes to the best vacuum cleaners, Shark and Dyson are the two most popular brands. And this is not really surprising because they are both receiving positive feedback from buyers across the world.
If you’re planning to invest in a vacuum cleaner, but you can’t which one you should get, then this article is for you. Read here: 10 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors and Carpet
In this Shark vs. Dyson vacuum comparison guide, we will compare the models from these two brands to help you make the right decision. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Shark Vs. Dyson Vacuum Comparison Cordless Units
Both Shark and Dyson are known for their cordless vacuum cleaners. They are very easy to store, have excellent suction power, and easy to move from one place to another. On the other hand, if you are having a hard time managing the power cords, then this type of vacuum cleaner can be a great option.
Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean
- Hassle-free runtime
- 2X ION Power Pack System
- MultiFLEX Technology folds over for compact, free-standing storage and provides flexible reach to get under beds, couches, and tables
- DuoClean Technology a combination of bristle brush and soft roller invented to clean fine dust and small and large particles on both carpets and floors
- Floor-to-ceiling versatility. MultiFLEX Technology allows you to store this vacuum in a compact, upright position. Hold down the "Press to Unlock" button and gently fold the handheld vacuum forward toward the floor nozzle. Use the handle to carry the vacuum to its storage location
When it comes to versatility nothing can beat Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean. This Shark cordless vacuum cleaner has a flex hose that is ideal for twisting around objects. As a result, you will not need to move your things away when you are vacuuming.
Moreover, this unit comes with great suction power which is better compared to Dyson V10 which we will be discussing later on.
One of the biggest advantages of Shark IONFlex over Dyson is that it comes with 2 removable batteries. It means you can use the one battery while the other is charging. Shark, on the other hand, back their batteries with a two-year warranty.
Shark Rocket ION Ultra-Light Cordless Vacuum
- ION power pack: removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Upgradeable runtime: vacuum while charging a second battery (sold separately)
- Floor-to-ceiling versatility: easily converts to a handheld vacuum for above-floor cleaning, car cleaning, and more
- Smart response technology: intelligently adapts to the settings you choose for enhanced performance
- The vacuum weighs 7.2 pounds without accessories. Make sure the vacuum is turned off. Then turn the vacuum back on and tilt the vacuum back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. Note that when you lock the vacuum in the upright position, the brushroll will stop spinning after a few seconds
With this cordless vacuum cleaner from Shark, you will be able to do your cleaning job more rapidly and efficiently. Basically, Shark Rocket ION is a stick style, but you can easily convert it to a handheld model most especially if you want to achieve a longer runtime.
The battery of this unit can be charged in just a few hours and you will be able to use it for half an hour. It is also light in weight, meaning you can bring it upstairs or clean ceilings effortlessly. Another good thing about this shark product is that the maintenance cost if inexpensive.
Dyson Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Dyson Cyclone V10
- Up to 60 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool. Cyclone technology: 14 concentric cyclones. Filtration: advanced whole machine filtration. Cleaning path width - 9.84 inches
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as and .
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free power with the soft Roller cleaner head (in suction mode I). engineered to pick up both large debris and Fine
- Torque drive cleaner head – Up to 20 minutes of fade-free power (in suction mode II). drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep-down
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V10 and engineered to pick up ground-in and Fine from hard floors and carpets
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
- Included components: Vacuum, charger, wall mount, combination tool
Compared to Shark models, Dyson V10 comes with a bigger bin. Not only that, it has a specialized toque head that is capable of pulling out 250 percent of grime and digs deeper.
The Dyson V10 also has more power than Shark vacuums. But this model is much more expensive and only comes with one battery that you cannot remove and this is inconvenient.
Nevertheless, previous buyers said that this vacuum can clean1600 square feet on a single charge. However, if you forget to recharge it will interrupt your cleaning schedule.
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe. Filtration: Washable lifetime filter
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
If you are familiar with Dyson V7 it is actually its improved version. Dyson V8 can offer you a runtime of 40 minutes on a single charge. It also has a flexible construction that will allow you to clean hard-to-reach areas easily.
If you have pets at home, then Dyson V8 is perfect for you. Actually, it comes with an attachment that does a great job of suctioning pet fur and hair. That said, when you’re cleaning, you won’t have to worry about entangling hair.
Shark vs. Dyson: Vacuum Comparison Corded Units
According to Dyson, it will no longer develop new corded vacuums because it focuses on cordless technology. However, if you prefer its cordless models, no worries, we will show the best option that you can get.
On the other hand, Shark will focus on bagless corded vacuum cleaners exclusively. Actually, it has one of the most extensive ranges since some manufacturers followed Dyson
Shark Corded Vacuum Cleaner
Shark Rocket DeluxePro HV322
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Thorough deep carpet cleaning, and powerful pet hair pickup on all surfaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT VERSATILITY: Ultra-lightweight and converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Includes specialized pet tools that capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces, while extending reach into hard-to-access areas.
- XL DUST CUP CAPACITY: The 0.68-quart dust cup allows for extended cleaning without interruption.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Powerful lights on the handheld vacuum and nozzle reveal hidden debris and pet hair around your home.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Shark Rocket Deluxe Corded Stick Vacuum, Pet Multi-Tool & Pet Crevice Tool.
his Shark corded vacuum is made with versatility in mind. Weighing at just under 10 pounds, Shark Rocket DeluxePro is a lightweight model allowing to finish your job more rapidly since you’ll not have a hard time moving it.
This product also comes with a motorized handheld brush for carpet making it ideal for pet owners. This feature, on the other hand, makes this Shark corded vacuum more alluring to pet owners.
Moreover, it comes with a large dust bin, long power cord so that you will not have to use an extension and an LED light that you can conveniently when cleaning dark areas.
Dyson Corded Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
- Self adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Radial root cyclone technology captures more microscopic dust than any other on the market;Cord Length:31 feet
- Instant release wand allows for cleaning up high or under furniture; Dimensions (HxWxD): 41.93 x 15.59 x 13.39 inches & Weight: 15.6 pounds;Maximum Reach:40 feet
- Hygienically empty the bin with the push of a button
Dyson Multi Floor 2 uses a versatile and cutting-edge technology and you can use it to clean any type of flooring. The technology it uses will allow you to shift to multiple surfaces without any hassle and disturbing the overall performance.
However, it is heavier than the Shark corded vacuum cleaner. Nevertheless, it features a cyclone suction and great tools and accessories that will allow you to clean every corner of your home easily.
As you can see both Shark and Dyson vacuum cleaners have pros and cons. Thus, it is up to you which one should you get. If the feature you are looking for is included in a more expensive model then you should be willing to spend a bit more, after all, you will be the one who will benefit from it.
However, if you are looking for a cheaper model make sure that it has the features or functionalities that you need. Hopefully, this Shark vs. Dyson vacuum comparison has helped you a lot.