If you’re on a tight budget, then a vacuum cleaner under $100 is the best choice for you. Today, there are very many vacuum cleaners within this price range that will satisfy all your needs. In this article, we are going to look at the best cordless stick vacuum cleaners below $100.
Everyone loves to save money when it comes to buying home appliances. Vacuum cleaners today come in very many shapes and forms. Among them are stick vacuum cleaners. Stick vacuum cleaners are slim powerful vacuums perfect for quickly cleaning bare floors and carpeted floors. The carpets, however, have to be low profile carpets. They are the smaller version of upright vacuum cleaners and offer lots of pf versatility. They are also referred to as pole vacuums. Stick vacuum cleaners can be either corded or cordless. For the corded vacuums, you have to connect the cleaner directly to electricity for you to use it while for cordless vacuums, they come with a rechargeable and sometimes, removable battery. Both have their own advantages and downsides and you should select your preference depending on your needs.
Pole vacuums are designed with a motor near the handle at the top. This handle connects to a slim pole that then connects to the cleaning brush below. This design makes the vacuum cleaner easy to maneuver and reach underneath furniture and around tables and couches. The upper motor end is usually detachable to be converted to a handheld vacuum cleaner for spot cleaning and more precise cleaning. Stick vacuums are loved because if this and also because they are light, effective for dusting and easy to clean and store away. In the following section, we look at the best stick cordless vacuums below a hundred bucks.
The Electrolux is a great stick vacuum cleaner that is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery provides loads of power and consequently high performance by this slim cleaner. The robust battery also ensures that there is no loss of suction power as you clean. It offers about 20 minutes of continuous run time when fully charged. For the low price, this is quite a great achievement.
Like many other stick vacuum cleaners, the stick is detachable allowing it to be easily converted into a handheld vacuum cleaner. This makes it easier to control and maneuver especially around corners and edges where it might be difficult to reach otherwise. It also features a bagless cyclonic technology that improves the overall performance of this machine and prevents clogging up in the system. The Electrolux features a special EasySteer steering wheel for smooth movements and cleaning in corners and under furniture. There is no doubt this will be a great secondary vacuum cleaner for your house and we highly recommend it.
- The Electrolux features a bagless cyclonic power motor that offers consistent suction power throughout the cleaning
- The brush installed inside automatically cleans itself with the press of a button
- It can be easily converted into a handheld vacuum cleaner by detaching the smaller lower part. This is useful when cleaning curtains and counters
- The EasySteer technology allows the head to rotate up to 180 degrees to reach surfaces that may difficult to reach.
- It is quite affordable
- The batteries provide a short run time of only 20 minutes which is quite little
- The Electrolux can only be a secondary vacuum cleaner meaning you have to buy another one for more cleaning options
Hoover is a renowned company that makes cleaning vacuums of all types, shapes, and sizes. They do this while ensuring their machines are all reasonably priced. With the Hoover Linx, it is a stick vacuum cleaner without a cord and instead uses a battery. You will not have to always be careful about tripping and falling over the cord. On the first look, this machine is sleek and has a striking premium that will make it hard to believe that it is so cheap. However, Hoover is still under $100.
Hoover LINX comes with what they call Wind Tunnel Technology. This feature enables continuous powerful suction for the unit. And this is why it is the most powerful vacuum cleaner on this list. It is also the feature that makes this machine ideal and versatile enough to clean bare floors as well as carpeted floors. It also comes with a brush roll that can be switched on and off with the click of a button. The low profile base enables it to clean underneath furniture and edges without much of a struggle. There is also an LED indicator that shows the amount of battery you have left so the machine does not die on you as you clean. It also adds flair to the machine and adds to the premium touch they were going for. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery it comes with ensures that there is no loss of suction power as you clean. It offers about 25 minutes of continuous run time when fully charged. For the low price, this is quite a great achievement.
- The Hoover comes with Wind Tunnel Technology. This feature enables continuous powerful suction for the unit
- The rechargeable lithium-ion batteries produce 18 Volts. They are interchangeable meaning you can be charging one as you use the other.
- It comes with nice soft bristles which are superb at cleaning wall edges and reach difficult surfaces such as around furniture and seats
- It is versatile and can be used to clean all types of surfaces from rugs to hardwood floors and won’t ruin or damage any of them
- The hoover comes with a brush roll that you control just by the press of a button
- It is light for easy movement around the house
- It has an LED battery status light indicator to ensure the cleaner does not die on you as you clean
- The batteries provide a short run time of only 25 minutes which is quite little
Shark has been manufacturing high-quality cleaning vacuums for many decades now and the Navigator is no exception. It is a stick cordless vacuum designed with the needs of a pet owner in mind. This, however, does not mean it cannot be used on other surfaces. The opposite actually. The Shark Navigator is great at removing pet hair from all types of surfaces from bare floors (hardwood, ceramic and tile floors) and carpets. But this is not only what the Shark can handle. It has been found to clean up everything from dirty grime to larger sand and dust particles.
The Shark Navigator is very reliable and strong. It is also very light considering the size and weighs just 705 lbs. It is easy to carry around the house or even up the stairs because of this. So if you have a large house, cleaning is possible using this cordless machine. Inside it, it comes with a brush roll that has two adjustable speeds. This is done as an optimization technique for it to be able to clean both bare floors and carpeted floors. It also comes with a large dust cup that allows you to work continuously without having to empty it. And when you empty it, the design has been optimized for easy removal of the dust cup. The following are the advantages and disadvantages of the Shark Navigator vacuum cleaner.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is a great choice for anyone with a pet. It has the most important thing a pet hair vacuum cleaner should have which is continuous powerful suction. It is light and portable for you to get every spot and has two microfiber pads for rubbing and cleaning. It is available on Amazon and other online retail stores at affordable prices
- It is easy to assemble when new and is a bagless vacuum cleaner
- It provides the perfect suction when vacuuming per furs and hairs
- The Shark Navigator is fitted with a HEPA filter that ensures that allergens do not leak into the atmosphere
- It is light and consequently portable to move it around easier around the house
- The swivel head allows you to reach tiny corners and other difficult places
- The Shark Navigator produces very low noise levels which are a great plus
- The large dust plate fitted inside is easy to empty and clean
- The vacuum cleaner is long slightly unstable and may fall over if pulled too hard
- The cord is inconveniently placed which is a bit of a letdown considering they got a lot of things right
- The Shark Navigator has no storage for certain attachments
This the first handheld vacuum cleaner on our list and costs just below $100. The great thing about a handheld vacuum cleaner is the portability they offer and the Shark ION is no exception. It is light in weight and ideal for cleaning anywhere from your curtains, stairs, walls and even the inside of your car. Its unique design makes cleaning a quick and easy process and makes carrying it very easy. But perhaps the greatest feature of this machine is the ION charging dock that is equipped with state of the art fast charging technology. It can also be used for accessory storage.
The Shark ION comes with an LED battery status indicator that shows you how much battery you have left. The battery takes just 2 hours to fully charge which is very little time compared to other vacuum cleaners. This is great as it helps prevent the cleaner from suddenly shutting down when you’re in the cleaning process. The Shark ION comes with a dust cup that is very easy to remove just by the touch of a button. So you can quickly empty the cup and get back to cleaning in seconds.
The Shark ION is great for quick clean-ups and you will need an upright vacuum cleaner for heavy cleaning. The following section highlights the pros and cons of this vacuum cleaner.
- It has a very compact design
- It is perfect for pet hairs
- It is small and light in weight for easy movement around the house
- It comes with a state of the art fast charging technology
- The dust cup is very easy to remove just by the press of a button
- It is very affordable
- The Shark ION provides very powerful suction
- The dust cup is small
- The battery life is poor with only ten minutes of continuous run time
Finding the right vacuum under $100 should not be a difficult task. There are many companies today that produce these low profile stick vacuums. However, it is important to note that these cord-free stick vacuums cannot be used as the primary vacuum cleaners in homes. This is because they have been designed for quick clean-ups. For thorough cleanups, you will need to buy a more powerful cleaner, preferable, an upright vacuum cleaner. The above list shows the top stick cordless vacuum cleaners in the market today. They are all available on online retail stores such as Amazon at affordable prices.